Tuesday 17 November 2009

Mittens

My fourth mitten is finally complete!

Mitten number one was meant for my granny but ended up the perfect size for me (and hence too small for the intended recipient - oops!)
Mitten one (pre-thumb)

Mitten number two (knit at a looser gauge) was perfect for my granny (yay!)
Mittens two and three - blocking.

Mitten number three was the same size as two but had the thumb the wrong way round the first time (argh) and had to be fixed.

Mitten number four was going to be too much for the wool I had left so some shifting round of colours make it a friend to number one, rather than an exact copy. Good enough for me, and so warm:)
Mittens one and four, complete!

I particularly like the contrasting pattern on the thumb, and the picot hem.

Pattern: Found at http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTtiffany.html Tiffany Mittens by Sari
Wool: Rooster Almerino DK

No comments:

Post a Comment