Friday 5 November 2010

Music

I like most sorts of music, particularly indie and rock-pop type stuff. At the moment I seem to be listening to a lot of classical music. I enjoy a bit of Vivaldi, Mozart and Beethoven now and then but I realised my favourite composers are modern.

Ludovico Einaudi (born in 1955) is a pianist and composer. I particularly like his album Le Onde - brilliant if you need a bit of relaxation! I keep listening to it on the bus to work and I makes me smile.

Philip Glass (born in 1937) composes music for symphonies, operas and film scores. I first became aware of his work through Battlestar Galactica (the modern one with Katee Sackhoff as Starbuck - I want to be her!) Philip Glass' Metamorphosis for Piano (1988) was imagined/remembered/played by Starbuck. One of the few times I've heard something and bought the piano music!

Another soundtrack I like is for Pride & Prejudice (the 2005 film featuring Keira Knightley). Music by Dario Marianelli, piano played by Jean-Yves Thibaudet - another two musicians I want to know more about. The soundtrack is quite varied (unsurprisingly) but again I like the solo piano pieces.

My computer at home is now fixed (thank you computer-fixer!) so hopefully I'll get to play more piano soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment